Are you ready for your next project?
Thorn Baker Construction are looking for a Site Manager with a joinery background to work on a busy site converting an old Wilkinsons into a B&M in Plymouth starting on 29th of Jauary for 6 weeks work.
- Work alongside site manager in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Set a personal example by wearing relevant PPE whilst on site.
- Undertake day to day responsibility for safe delivery of all site based operations.
- Supervision of subcontractors and our direct workforce.
- Maintaining necessary site records.
- Ensure that all subcontractors fulfil their responsibilities with respect to timely and coordinated completion of snagging work prior to handover to the Client for inspection.
- Ensure all subcontractors have adequate resources to complete their works.
- Monitor and direct that subcontractors to ensure their works are to the contract requirements, with regards to quality and safety.
- Promote a safe working ethos on site by having a thorough knowledge of the relevant H&S legislation.
- Organise the works to ensure that risks are minimised for the workforce, visitors or others affected by the works.
- Hold periodic tool box talks and site safety liaison meetings.
- Carry out a daily site inspection of site operations, to satisfy they are being carried out within Regulatory standards and that all operatives are utilising PPE appropriate for the work activity being undertaken..
- Must have a valid CSCS card
- Previous experience is essential
- Must have a joinery background
- First Aid
- Asbestos Awareness
If this sounds like something you would be interested in please give Simon a call 07855 422857 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job not for you but maybe for someone you know? Please take a look at our refer a friend scheme - https://www.thornbakerconstruction.co.uk/candidates/refer-a-friend