Due to unprecedented growth and a packed order book for the next 3 years Thorn Baker's client is recruiting several new staff members to join their thriving civil engineering business based around the South West region.
This vacancy is for a Site Agent to be based out of Langport in Somerset. The successful candidate will be looking after a standalone, civil engineering project consisting largely of RC structures, infrastructure and general civils works.
Our client can offer a competitive salary and enviable package which includes a choice of car or car allowance and pension among other benefits.
Please apply now to be considered for this role or give me a call.
As Site Agent you will:
- Lead site team including supervision of company employees and subcontractors.
- Complete all activities with diligence and energy to maximise the time spent on site planning and supervising works.
- Ensure adequate records are maintained through site photographs, daily diaries and as built drawings.
- Carry out daily site briefings and supervise sub-contractor task briefings.
- Monitor all works activities to ensure they meet the Works Specification and are being delivered in a safe manner following the principles of Injury Free Environment (IFE)
- Provide formal communications to clients and subcontractors including but not limited to Early Warnings, and instructions.
- Take ownership for safety and environmental compliance for your depot and ensure all identified actions are closed out within their timescale.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- A good level of experience in civil engineering and workforce supervision including drainage, structures and infrastructure.
- Effective team management, leadership and influencing skills to get the best from everyone.
- The ability to remain flexible in your approach to the role whilst embracing change and helping to drive that change through.
- Experience of working on NEC3 contracts
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written - to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence client decision making.
What's in it for you?
- £50000 - £58000 Base Salary
- Package including car, car allowance, pension and various other benefits.