Health and Safety Advisor Build sector | Berkshire based | Agile working and occasional site visits
Following years of success, this forward-thinking build specialist is experiencing strong growth and expansion. With plans to continue their growth, they are looking to bring in the right safety people, offering pathways to senior leadership. They set out to offer an environment where they take a personal approach, are flexible and understand that everybody has a life outside work that they want to respect. They pride themselves on a safety culture where everyone matters, recognize employees at all levels, and recognizing employees at all levels, and creating an environment free from unnecessary pressure.
This client is seeking to bolster their health and safety team with a Health and Safety Advisor, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join this market leader and continue their health and safety career. Reporting directly to the Health and Safety leadership team, you will be supporting the delivery of the HSEQ strategy, IMS, and attending sites to oversee, monitor and evaluate health and safety standards.
The role involves a a mix of working from home, the office in the Slough area, and travelling to sites so you must have a full UK driver’s license and appreciate that some travel is involved but is not excessive.
You should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience within a construction/build safety role and hold NEBOSH certificate or similar, with a good understanding of relevant SHEQ legislation. IMS and industry standards.
• Assist in the development and ongoing review of the Health and Safety for each site
• Advise the site teams in the interpretation, guidance and advice on the application of the SHE management systems
• Promote the Groups SHE standards within our contracts and supply chain and conduct contractor/supply chain assessments
• Undertake site inspections and attend Site Review Meetings
• Provide support with identification and management of SHE risks, issues and opportunities
• Support and facilitate liaison with enforcing SHE authorities
• Create site specific audit and inspection packs
• Check non-compliance reports from both internal and external audits are being adequately closed-out with all corrective actions completed
• Review third party Risk Assessments for quality and suitability to support the Asset Management team
• Audit minor works carried out across sites as and when required
Reporting & Analysis
• Ensure regular monitoring report deadlines are met with integrity and the quality of the data is correct and accepted by all users
• Lead on the preparation of briefing packs for relevant sites and regional meetings
• Attend and support the Sites review meetings
• Support the SHE Team in the delivery of the SHE Plan and identified priorities
• Support in the preparation and issue SHE Alerts / Bulletins and Posters
• Support with the review and update of SHE processes and procedures as necessary
- Demonstrable experience delivering statutory compliance, employers' duties, risk assessments, auditing
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a dedicated infrastructure Risk Manager role
- IT literate
- Relevant H&S qualification, including MSc, NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ Diploma, NVQ L6
- Demonstrable experience delivering statutory compliance, employers duties, risk assessments, and auditing
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days leave + bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Gym membership
- Additional holidays
- Enhanced pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Length of service awards
- Employee wellness programme
- Working from home scheme
NCRQ | NEBOSH | Construction | Principal Designer | CDM | SHEQ | HSEQ | HSES | H&S | QSHE | HSE |
Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org