Job Title- Project Manager
Salary- £60000-£70000 per annum plus enviable package
Due to unprecedented growth and a packed order book for the next 3 years Thorn Baker's client is recruiting a Project Manager to be based out of Somerset.
The successful candidate will be looking after 2 standalone, civil engineering projects consisting largely of RC structures, infrastructure and general civils works.
Our client can offer a competitive salary and enviable package which includes a choice of car or car allowance and pension among other benefits.
Please apply now to be considered for this role.
As Project Manager you will:
- Manage site staff and sub-contractors.
- Ensure your team provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and Project Management plans.
- Understand tender allowances and monitor contract loss against agreed budgets.
- Prepare and monitor programmes of work.
- Foster good relations and reputation with clients.
- Manage design co-ordination.
- Assess and engage with sub-contractors.
- Manage contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion
- Supervise, mentor and assist in the career development of your staff
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- A good level of experience in civil engineering and workforce supervision including drainage, RC structures and general infrastructure
- A good level of commercial acumen to facilitate cost control.
- Effective team management, leadership and influencing skills to get the best from everyone.
- Experience with planning and programming of works
- Experience of working on NEC3 contracts
- Highly organised and able to juggle priorities, whilst multi-tasking for many stakeholders, and still remaining focussed on what's most important
What's in it for you?
- £60000 - £70000 Base Salary
- Pension scheme
- Company car/ car allowance among various other benefits