Senior Regional SHEQ Advisor / Permanent / London & South East
£58,000 - £60,000 + Car, package ect
Following years of success, this forward-thinking market leader is experiencing strong growth and expansion. With plans to continue their growth, they are looking to bring in the right safety people, offering pathways to senior leadership. They set out to offer an environment where they take a personal approach, are flexible and understand that everybody has a life outside work that they want to respect. They pride themselves on a safety culture where everyone matters, recognize employees at all levels, and recognizing employees at all levels, and creating an environment free from unnecessary pressure.
This client is seeking to bolster their health and safety team with a Senior SHEQ Advisor, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join this market leader and continue their health and safety career. Reporting directly to the Health and Safety leadership team, you will be supporting the delivery of the HSEQ strategy, IMS, and attending sites to oversee, monitor and evaluate health and safety standards.
The Health & Safety (HSEQ) Manager will provide ongoing HSEQ support to multiple construction sites in the London & South-east region. This role involves a mix of of site based H&S work, such the production of risk assessments, but is more heavily focussed on relationships and behavioural safety programmes and driving HSEQ initiatives, ensuring compliance & Quality.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, the ability to plan and stay one step ahead. Candidates should be client-focused, with sound commercial acumen and the ability to deliver results within deadlines. If you feel you have the skills and competencies for this role, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to join a dynamic and successful company where you can make a difference and take your Health & Safety career to the next level.
- Liaise with the client & Internal H&S team
- Chair internal site H&S meetings
- Attend client H&S meetings
- Support site team on all H&S aspects
- Review safe systems of work
- Attend and advise during safe start meetings
- Manage day to day H&S activities on site
- Conduct workplace inspections and report findings
- Conduct investigations into accidents or incidents
- Manage on site occupational health
- Coordinate training of project staff
- Contribute to the maintenance of ISO 45001
- At least 3 years in a busy site-based H&S role within construction
- An effective communicator at all levels with client-facing experience
- A technically aware team player with experience providing health and safety support in the construction and building services sectors
- IT literate with proficient report-writing skills
- NEBOSH general certificate, or equivalent
- First aid trained
What's in it for you?
- Additional holidays
- Enhanced pension
- Flexible working
- Health Cash Plan
- Length of service awards
- Employee wellness programme
- Working from home scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme