My client is a first class, progressive manufacturing company who are seeking an HSE Manager on a permanent basis. You will play a pivotal role in improving Health, Safety and Environmental standards across the site. This is a great opportunity to further your H&S career with a well established market leader within the manufacturing sector. You will work proactively with managers, supervisors and employees across all levels. They have strong processes and systems in place, and you will be able to develop & nurture the business's safety culture.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to local Health, Safety and Environmental legislation as well as company policies and requirements through internal inspections.
- HSE Performance KPI reporting, environmental monitoring and measurement. Report weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually on progress.
- Leading HSE Steering meetings, Safety Committees.
- Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents.
- Actively lead implementation of legal, insurance and corporate standards.
- Review of HSE Risk Assessment, Policies and Procedures regularly.
- To provide support on HSE and continuous improvement Projects.
- Working with regulatory enforcement agencies / Insurance agencies / occupational health providers.
- Review of trends with Occupational health assessments and hygienist reports.
- Identify requirements and deliver HSE training as necessary in-house (and external).
- Collaborate with site teams; leadership, production, engineering, logistics, purchasing to ensure completion of HSE improvement plans, deployment of HSE/SIF roadmaps and to ensure safe working environment.
- Collaborate within the site and externally to ensure the safety of contractors and visitors.
- Managing HSE budget as applicable to the site and your area; processing purchase orders and resolving invoice purchase order queries.
- Coordinating and consulting with leadership teams.
- Effectively coach and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with the capability to support the Site HSE requirements.
- Analysis of site HSE trends; leading and lagging.
- Lead the site HSE policy development, strategic planning, Zero Harm and HSE Roadmap development, address any compliance issues and keep updated with current legislation.
- Provide HSE advice specific to the business, acting as a technical expert and internal consultant; direct, lead and coach site leadership on HSE best practice to ensure Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment.
Collaboratively work with to achieve the following: