Regional Health Safety Manager / Permanent / Greater & Central London
£60,000 - £75,000 + package
Do you want to work for a cutting edge construction company who genuinely see safety as a number 1 priority? Are you a passionate, engaging and proactive Health, Safety and Environmental professional?
My client is a class-leading construction contractor with a reputation for quality and innovation, this company operates within a broad range of build sectors nationwide.
You will provide ongoing regional HSEQ support to multiple construction sites in the South East region. This role involves taking ownership of multiple projects in conjunction with ops teams and external H&S partners. You will drive HSEQ initiatives, monitor site safety performance ensuring compliance with ISO45001 Safety, Quality and Environment Management systems, company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be either be a Manager or Senior Advisor, and have the ability to plan and stay one step ahead. Candidates should be client-focused, with sound commercial acumen and the ability to deliver results within deadlines.
Safety experience within the commercial build sector (ideally a PC) is essential for consideration
If you feel you have the skills and competencies for this role, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to join a dynamic and successful company where you can make a difference and take your Health & Safety career to the next level.
- Liaise with the client & Internal H&S team
- Chair internal site H&S meetings
- Attend client H&S meetings
- Support site team on all H&S aspects
- Review safe systems of work
- Manage day to day H&S activities on site
- Conduct workplace inspections and report findings
- Conduct investigations into accidents or incidents
- Manage on site occupational health
- Coordinate training of project staff
- Contribute to the maintenance of ISO 45001
- At least 5 years in a busy site-based H&S role within construction
- An effective communicator at all levels with client-facing experience
- A technically aware team player with experience providing health and safety support in the construction and building services sectors
- IT literate with proficient report-writing skills