HSEQ Advisor | Berkshire / South East | £50k-£55k | 80% site - 20% home
My client is a class-leading construction contractor with a reputation for quality and innovation, this company operates within a broad range of sectors including Civil Engineering & Build.
The Health & Safety (HSEQ) Manager will provide ongoing HSEQ support to multiple construction sites in the London & Southeast region. This role involves the production of risk assessments and method statements. Working closely with site management teams, technicians, and client safety teams, you will champion HSEQ initiatives monitoring site safety performance ensuring compliance with ISO45001 Safety, Quality and Environment Management systems, company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the client & Internal H&S team
- Chair internal site H&S meetings
- Attend client H&S meetings
- Support site team on all H&S aspects
- Review safe systems of work
- Attend and advise during safe start meetings
- Manage day to day H&S activities on site
- Conduct workplace inspections and report findings
- Conduct investigations into accidents or incidents
- Manage on site occupational health
- Coordinate training of project staff
- Contribute to the maintenance of ISO 45001
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, the ability to plan and stay one step ahead. Candidates should be client-focused, with sound commercial acumen and the ability to deliver results within deadlines.
If you feel you have the skills and competencies for this role, then this is an excellent opportunity for you to join a dynamic and successful company where you can make a difference and take your Health & Safety career to the next level.
- At least 2 years in a busy site-based H&S role within construction
- An effective communicator at all levels with client-facing experience
- A technically aware team player with experience providing health and safety support in the construction and building services sectors
- IT literate with proficient report-writing skills
- NEBOSH general certificate, or equivalent
- CSCS Professional card
- PTS (desirable)
- First aid trained
What’s in it for you?
- Additional holidays
- Enhanced pension
- Flexible working
- Health Cash Plan
- Length of service awards
- Employee wellness programme
- Working from home scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme