Following years of success, this forward-thinking Civil Engineering market leader is experiencing strong growth and expansion. With plans to continue their growth, they are looking to bring in the right safety people, offering pathways to senior leadership. They set out to offer an environment where they take a personal approach, are flexible and understand that everybody has a life outside work that they want to respect. They pride themselves on a safety culture where everyone matters, recognize employees at all levels, and recognizing employees at all levels, and creating an environment free from unnecessary pressure.
This client is seeking to bolster their health and safety team with a Health and Safety Advisor, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join this market leader and continue their health and safety career. Reporting directly to the Health and Safety leadership team, you will be supporting the delivery of the HSEQ strategy, IMS, and attending sites to oversee, monitor and evaluate health and safety standards.
The role involves a mix of working from home, the office in Belfast, and travelling to sites in the rest of the United Kingdom, so you must have a full UK driver’s license and appreciate that some travel is involved but is not excessive.
You should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience within a construction safety role and hold NEBOSH certificate or similar, with a good understanding of relevant SHEQ legislation. IMS and industry standards.
- Assist in the development and ongoing review of the Health and Safety for each site
- Advise the site teams in the interpretation, guidance, and advice on the application of the SHE management systems
- Promote the Groups SHE standards within our contracts and supply chain and conduct contractor/supply chain assessments
- Undertake site inspections and attend Site Review Meetings
- Provide support with identification and management of SHE risks, issues and opportunities
- Support and facilitate liaison with enforcing SHE authorities
- Create site specific audit and inspection packs
Reporting & Analysis
- Ensure regular monitoring report deadlines are met with integrity and the quality of the data is correct and accepted by all users
- Lead on the preparation of briefing packs for relevant sites and regional meetings
- Attend and support the Sites review meetings
- Support the SHE Team in the delivery of the SHE Plan and identified priorities
- Support in the preparation and issue SHE Alerts / Bulletins and Posters
- Support with the review and update of SHE processes and procedures as necessary
- Demonstrable experience delivering statutory compliance, employers' duties, risk assessments ect
- Relevant H&S qualification, ie NEBOSH gen cert ect
What’s in it for you?
- Salary consummate with experience
- Excellent leave allowance
- Life assurance
- Additional holidays
- Enhanced pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Length of service awards
- Employee wellness programme
- Working from home scheme