Are you a senior health and safety professional looking for a new role? In this position, you will Implement safety policy, develop strategy, and manage change. This a career defining position for the right candidate. Our client is a well-respected, London-based organisation looking to hire a Head of building Safety for their business. This role is hybrid, with a mix of offices to work from in South / SW London, and home working.
What’s in it for you?
- A salary of £80,000 - £95,000 + comprehensive package
- Hybrid working
- Multiple offices to work from in the Southeast
What you'll do:
- Be the Safety lead responsible for the strategy and delivery of an effective Safety capability
- Be ready to take a strong existing Safety capability with a good reputation onto their next steps in maturity
- Lead and develop a high-performance team of self-motivated problem solvers, capable of supporting the business with subject matter expertise and independent and confident enough to challenge appropriately when needed.
- Support the SMT in delivering agile initiatives that fail fast, improve, and move on, keeping the Health & Safety programme slick, relevant and future proofed.
What you'll bring:
- You’ll be a champion for doing the right thing, responding to our business’ diverse challenges with an approach that balances best practice, common sense, and commercial thinking.
- You will have experience in a senior leadership role. CMIOSH, MIIRSM or an equivalent qualification would be desirable. Experience of dealing with, supporting, and advising senior management at strategic levels within a corporate environment are a must.
- You have excellent understanding of how Health & Safety enables an organisation.
- You are an outstanding leader, who is great at empowering and enabling your people to be at their best, every single day; and willing to roll up your sleeves and to get the job done.
- You have a strategic outlook, able to look ahead and build a clear vision and KPI led plan for the team.
- You have proven ability to think outside of the box, deliver innovative solutions challenge industry norms and adapt quickly to evolving requirements.
- You have strength in communicating and presenting complex issues and ideas with precision and clarity, adjusting appropriately for the audience; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
What you'll need:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of fire safety legislation and guidance, building regulations and technical standards.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders in a building safety capacity to achieve common goals.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Proven experience of analysing potentially complex and difficult situations and recommending appropriate, practical, and responsive solutions in a sensitive manner.
- Capable of explaining building safety issues to internal and external stakeholders including residents in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to compile detailed and concise reports on building safety issues and present these to senior colleagues.
- NEBOSH fire safety (or equivalent).
- Membership of IFE or IFSM.
- Building-related degree or similar qualification.
- Higher grade fire safety-related qualification.