Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Type: Full time perm, hybrid
This well established engineering company specialise in offering cutting-edge technology solutions to the M&E industry. They are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their expert team. In this role, you will participate in the whole life cycle of multiple engineering projects. As a Electrical Design Engineer, and have a good level of experience of working on high value designs. Ideally located within the North West. On offer is the chance to step into a varied role where you'll get to see projects from concept to finish, working for a growing engineering business who are offering long-term career prospects.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days + BH
- Car allowance of £4000pa
- Life assurance
- Engineering qualification to HNC level as a minimum
- Trained in the BS7671 18th Edition Amendment 2
- Conversant with a wide range of electrical building service systems and equipment.
- Building Management Systems and associated principles
- IT literate with a technical understanding of IT packages relevant to the role, such as Amtech, Relux / Dialux
- Your electrical services design duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Low Voltage power distribution design for building services
- Knowledge of BMS and EMS systems, metering, and information networking architecture (Desirable)
- To brief the estimating team on pricing requirements and provide sufficient design information to allow accurate and efficient cost plans to be developed.
- Be able to manage a tender return ensuring all bid documentation is completed correctly and returned on time.
- You could receive initial concept reports and briefs, or you could be interpreting a written URS / EIR for the works and develop it into a detailed and coordinated work package.
- There will be governance and employers’ requirements which will differ between the various markets and customers that you will need to understand and apply in your designs.
- To work with the operations team to assist with programming and reporting, construction queries and technical assistance.