Job title: Design Manager
Sector: Construction, Build, Refurbishment
Thorn Baker are working with a regional contractor who offer both new build and refurbishment projects across the residential, health, education and commercial industries. They are looking for an ambitious and confident Design Manager as a result of recent growth and increase in demand.
Our client are very well established with over 50 experience working on exciting projects across the South West. This is a great opportunity for a motivated Design Manager to take the next step in their career.
- Responsible for achieving design performance objectives and KPI's
- Set a clear plan for achieving your design objectives
- Able to review, challenge and provide solutions to the design, providing the best option to suit the project requirements
- Engage with key design subcontractors and suppliers to ensure design requirements are met
- Attend site visits if/when required to ensure standards are met
- Carry out quality inspections
- Identify key issues that are likely to affect business performance
- Provide support to new business opportunities
What we are looking for:
- Experience working for a UK main contractor
- Proven experience as a Design Manager
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- IT proficiency
- Technical expertise on construction process
- Up to date regulatory knowledge,
- Uphold the company's Values at all times
- If shortlisted, a consultant will be in touch within 48 hours.