Building Control Officer | Leeds/NW |
My client is a first class, progressive build contractor with a reputation for quality and innovation, this company operates within a broad range of sectors including high end hotels, prime residential and commercial.
The Building Control Officer will work as part of a team responsible for assisting in the enforcement of the Building Regulations. Responsibilities include assessing plans for compliance with the Building Regulations and undertaking site visits to inspect building works under construction as well as keeping accurate records relating to all decisions made. The successful applicant will also provide advice to construction professionals, building owners and members of the public as well as acting as lead officer on complex projects and representing the company as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assisting the Building Safety Regulator to discharge their function as the building control authority for higher risk buildings in the North of England.
Further responsibilities include the inspection of reported dangerous structures and ensuring that appropriate action is undertaken under the powers in the Building Act 1984 and to carry out inspections of demolition works where a notice of demolition has been received as well as conducting investigations into unauthorised building work and carry out the appropriate enforcement action. The Senior Building Control Officer is expected to deputise for the Building Control Team Manager in their absence, supervising daily workloads within the team and ensuring service delivery is met. We are therefore looking for someone with drive and ambition and managerial aspirations to assist the building control manager to take the service forward under the new building control regime.
- Deliver building control functions and services, including pre-application meetings, plan checking, site inspections and visits of various nature.
- Making decisions on works, applications, notices, and other matters, controlled under the Building Act 1984, Building Regulations 2010, and the new Building Safety Regime.
- Consulting with other partner agencies and authorities, as required in the process of performing your duties and responsibilities.
- Upselling our building control services and specialist services, including other associated provisions.
- A degree, HNC, or HND in Building Surveying or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in building control inspection, general building surveying, design, project management or other similar specialist services, ideally within a local government authority or building control body.
- Knowledge of current building control legislation, associated guidance, and issues relevant to the post and a practical, analytical mindset.
- Experience of administering all forms and levels of building regulation applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating building control software systems + bodies CICAIR \ CABE ect.
- Ability to undertake all duties in accordance with the building control quality management system and building control performance standards policy adopted.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Suite.
What's in if for you?
- Enhanced pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Length of service awards
- Employee wellness programme
- Car allowance