My client has a career defining role for a budding Asbestos surveyor in the North West. This role will see you fully trained as an Asbestos Surveyor, fulfilling my clients commercial contracts in the midlands and north.
This role will initially be office based.
Location: Working throughout the UK (Main office based in Leeds, UK)
Reporting to: Lead Asbestos Surveyor & Line Manager
What’s in it for you?
- Enhanced pension
- Flexible working after a period of competency
- Length of service awards
- Employee wellness programme
Job Purpose with training where required:
- Responsible for assisting the surveyors and carrying out supervised asbestos surveying. Working in accordance with current Health & Safety guidelines and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Always ensuring quality and professionalism.
- Ensuring all work carried out complies with CAR 2012, HSG264 and all other regulatory asbestos Legislation.
- Gaining the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) P402 – Building surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos qualification.
The role will require:
- Literacy/Numeracy to Company standards
- Good computer and digital tablet skills working with such programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, and training will be given
- Flexibility in travelling to various sites throughout the UK This at times will require staying away from home in accommodation booked by the company.
- Basic knowledge of Asbestos Surveying methods and techniques (HSG264) an advantage however training will be given.
- Working towards an understanding of current Asbestos Health & Safety legislation, approved codes of practice, & Guidance notes.
- Be a good communicator at all levels and be driven in customer focus and business development.
Summary of Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The following list is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a level appropriate to the post holder and within their capabilities may be assigned.
- To assist the Asbestos Surveyors in the surveying, sampling and assessment of asbestos containing materials as detailed in current legislation, HSG264 and the company management system.
- Liaise with the Asbestos Surveying Contracts Manager or appropriate line manager/supervisor on all matters.
- Organised, good at time management and prioritisation of work.
- Reliable, punctual and responsible.
What the company will provide:
- Training towards the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) P402 – Building surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos qualification.
- Hotel accommodation booked as and when required (paid for by the company) and a meal allowance
- All PPE / RPE as required for the role.
- Preferred level is English and Maths Functional Skills Level 2 (GCSE equivalent Grade C (4-9)
- Any asbestos knowledge / experience an advantage however training will be given.