Are you looking to join a company where training and development is encouraged? Or maybe you’re someone who’s worked in manual or manufacturing roles and is looking to re-train and develop their skills. This is the career for you. We are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join our highly successful Timber Frame client in Derby.
About the Client:
Our client are specialists in timber frame with a strong track record in housing and they are working along side prestigious, well known new build developers in the UK. They manufacture complete structural platform frames, roof and floor cassettes.
Pay and Benefits:
- Starting salary of £40,000 per annum
- Stable day shift Monday - Thursday 6:30 - 16:30 (This will change to 6-2/2-10 on a rotational basis)
- 3 weeks off for Christmas
- 25 days annual leave
- Full training provided
To maintain plant and machinery in the highest order to ensure availability of plant to the production team at all times. You must be able and willing to work flexibly to suit the needs and demands of the role. This may involve working different hours/days to accommodate shift working and potentially travel away from home if required to visit alternatives factory sites.
- Support the project delivery team in the commissioning of the new machinery.
- Develop robust maintenance plans in line with the manufacturer’s specification
- Conduct inspections of the plant equipment to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and mechanical systems of machinery to ensure functionality
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are always complied with
- HND or equivalent in mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ practical experience
- Proven relevant experience as a maintenance engineer
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of mechanical and electrical systems
- Able to read schematics
- Good knowledge and understanding of H&S legislation and procedures
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced trouble shooting skills
- Has a good Knowledge and understanding manufacturing machinery such as CNC machines and saws, with the ability to use skill and experience in problem solving to work things out and apply them to real situations
Apply with your CV - When you’ve successfully completed this step you will receive a date to start with our client, usual turnaround time is a week.
If this position is not the one for you, we have more great roles on our jobs page, why not take a look here: https://www.thornbakerindustrial.co.uk/job-search