Thorn Baker are excited to be recruiting on behalf of an industry leading business based in Thurmaston, LE4. We are looking for an experienced (min 3-5 years) Goods-In Operative to join our team that will be responsible for inbound stock and operating the FLT Counterbalance truck. The role will also include some stock deliveries via a 3.5t vehicle, so a full clean UK driving licence is also essential. The role will require handball as well, so may be unsuitable for some candidates with physical limitations.
The job will require you to work 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday and will be a temporary to permanent role (permanent contract offered subject to attendance/performance & volumes).
The role will involve (but may not be limited to):
- Management of incoming and outgoing stock from the warehouse.
- FLT C/B licence is essential as you will be required to operate the vehicle for storage management.
- Assisting with the delivery of stock to local customers (maximum 25) - Full clean UK Driving licence required (Max 3 points)
- Maintain an organised warehouse via stock checking and correct storage procedures.
- Carry out quality control checks on items being sent for delivery.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Physically fit.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Good level of English and communication skills
- You must have reach forklift certificate - in house or your own
- Previous 3-5 years of Goods-in experience
- Looking for a long term, permanent job
If you're interested in taking the step in your career and would like more information, please free to apply or contact us at Leicester@thornbaker.co.uk