Bristol Property Awards: We're Finalists!
I'm delighted to announce that we're amongst the finalist of this year's Bristol Property Awards. The team have all worked really hard to achieve this recognition and whether we take the prize or not I'm really proud of them all.
This will be the second year of the Bristol Property Awards celebrating the dynamic Bristol property sector. From residential to commercial, lettings to new builds, civic buildings to bold re-imaginings, Bristol is jam-packed with exciting and forward-thinking property businesses who are helping to shape Bristol's skyline. Property matters to us all. Professionally in financial terms; aesthetically in its creativity; practically in somewhere to live or work.
As specialists in construction recruitment across the South West our goal is to ensure that we are the go-to recruiter for our clients and candidates. By offering our candidates the best opportunities in the region we can ensure that our clients have the very best choice of staff and talent working within their business and on-site.
We're delighted to announce that we qualified for two categories; employers and suppliers and services.
'This Award recognises the best employers in the sector – tell us about your staff retention, incentives, development, and anything else that makes your company the best in Bristol when it comes to employment.'
How did we qualify?
- The average tenure of over 9 years, all bar one of the team live in Bristol
- All of the staff have worked their way up including our Director, we like to develop people into their roles
- Three internal promotions in the last 12 months with two more on the horizon in 2021
- Moving to bigger bespoke fitted premises on Victoria Street in January 2021 to accommodate a bigger team and give them a better working environment
- Regular competitions & rewards revolving around hitting targets, demonstrating our values, and passing milestones – prizes in the last 12 months have included holidays, surfboards + lessons, high street vouchers, and many more
- Three members of staff currently taking part in a 12-month recruitment apprenticeship
- Monthly training sessions in recruitment hosted by either our leadership team or external providers
‘I started at Thorn Baker fresh to recruitment and construction, the success I’m currently enjoying comes from the support and development I’ve received.
Recruitment can be tough but it’s incredibly rewarding, I love nothing more than going out on-site and seeing the exciting projects that are happening in the area. Seeing a completed building or housing project knowing that I’ve played a part in supporting that build is a great feeling.
My career has been supported continuously throughout from both Jack and Rob. From learning the ropes to becoming a Managing Consultant it’s been great. Our internal training plan covers every aspect of what we do. I’m currently working on an external Level 3 Management qualification – knowing that I’m working for a company that cares about my development as much as I do means a lot to me.’
‘Thorn Baker have given me the freedom and trust to really put my own ideas into practice and it’s been an incredibly rewarding 12 months, and I feel very lucky to work for a company whose goals are so aligned to my own.
We’ve been really busy over the last year launching a new team within Thorn Baker Construction and will be working on a more refined look for our White Collar offering across the South West – There are some great things to come and we can’t wait to share them with you.
Thorn Bakers’ entrepreneurial approach, their continued ability to remain true to their core values of been People-Driven, Positive-Minded, and Solution-Focused make this such a great place to work. Staff are rewarded and recognised for their efforts and each member of the team really cares about the business. It’s not about individuals here it’s about ‘team’ and that’s rare to find in a recruitment environment.’
SUPPLIERS AND SERVICES
'This category showcases suppliers to the industry and key support from a professional service to property in the Bristol area. Although the service may be broad, the judges are looking for examples specifically relating to work within the local property sector. The Judges are looking for customer service, customer satisfaction and an efficient service.'
How did we qualify?
- Jobs Filled Locally: 574
- Number of People Working over the Year: 1620
- Supporting Candidates: Supplied CSCS funding for over 100 candidates
- Training Candidates: Supplied various other training courses including asbestos awareness, working at heights and manual handling – most of the time free of charge.
- Worked Closely with Local Job Centres: worked closely with 3 job centres in Bristol helping people get back to work + get reskilled to be able to work in the construction market
- Weekly Customer Service Calls: Conducted with an average score of 4.45 out of 5 across the office
- 92% of our customers would recommend us to a colleague or friend
- 93% retention rate, we track our returning clients and over 9 out of 10 return to us with their recruitment needs
- Unique Proven Process: Ensures both high retention and delivery rates
‘The last 12 months at Thorn Baker Construction have been by far the best in my career.
Myself and the Bristol trades team have smashed two internal records; generating the most amount of GP in a single month and hitting our highest number of workers out at any one time.
Not only are we supporting more, now than ever, local contractors we’ve implemented and rolled out our Proven Process which is at the heart of everything we do. It ensures that we deliver a quality service to our clients and candidates alike.'
If you'd like to pass on your congratulations or maybe you'd like to learn more about the awards you can contact them here.